Equal Opportunity Statement
NEMA is committed to providing individuals with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from NEMA's programs, activities, and services.
Individuals may request reasonable accommodations from NEMA that they believe will enable them to have such equal opportunity to participate in our programs, activities, and services.
To request reasonable accommodations, contact NEMA’s Executive Director by completing the form, below.
Should a request for reasonable accommodation be received by NEMA, NEMA will do the following:
- NEMA shall receive a request for reasonable accommodation.
- NEMA's Executive Director shall review the request for reasonable accommodation within 5 business days of receiving the request.
- NEMA's Executive Director may contact the requestor to consult, in an interactive process, to determine what, if any, accomodation NEMA may provide.
- NEMA shall review the nature and importance of the request based upon the services, programs, or activities that NEMA provides.
- NEMA shall review the resources NEMA has, or the costs involved.
- NEMA shall determine what accommodation may be provided based upon available resources at the time of the request.
- If NEMA is unable to meet the reasonable accommodation request, an interim accommodation may be provided.
- NEMA shall keep secure any personally identifiable information (PII) in the request for reasonable accommodations to ensure that only those recipients’ employees with a need to know have the information.
- NEMA will notify the requestor of the accommoditation that may or may not be provided for the event identified by the requestor.
- NEMA shall maintain records of the reasonable accommodiations provided and will only use PII to contact the requestor.
Equal Opportunity Statement for Employees
NEMA, the National Emergency Management Association, is an equal opportunity employer.
NEMA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. Therefore, in accordance with federal, state, and local law, NEMA will not discriminate against a qualified employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, covered veteran or military status, sexual and reproductive health decisions or any other characteristic protected by law.
NEMA will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees with disabilities to enable the employee to perform the essential functions of his or her job, unless to do so would impose an undue hardship to NEMA.
An employee seeking a reasonable accommodation for a disability should direct his or her request for accommodation to CSG Director of Human Resources and NEMA's Executive Director.
NEMA’s membership should contact NEMA’s Executive Director to request reasonable accommodation at email@example.com.