Your privacy and security are our highest priority. Ensuring electronic access to information and services while maintaining privacy is a guiding principle. NEMA collects only the personal information necessary to provide enhanced services to our members. Please note that any information of a personal nature collected by NEMA is protected from disclosure by the personal privacy exemption of state and federal law. Personal data in our possession is maintained and used in ways that respect individual privacy. NEMA educates our employees about the importance of protecting personal information and consumer privacy, and only authorized employees have access to personal information.
Depending on the situation, we may collect the following information about visitors to our website:
• the domain name, but not the e-mail address
• the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail
• aggregate information about which pages consumers access or visit
• information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information
This information is used only to improve the scope and content of NEMA’s services online.
NEMA will not release personal information to third parties except where it is already provided by law for purposes of notification. We will not provide, rent, or sell personal information to third parties for marketing programs or any other purpose. State and federal law restricts the use of personally identifiable information for commercial purposes.
NEMA uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to safeguard your sensitive personal information, including your credit card number, during online transactions. Using this widely accepted form of encryption, your transaction is secured from any computer you use to the nemaweb.org computer processing your request.
The nemaweb.org processing computers are located behind a secure firewall.
For your protection, never put your credit card number or other sensitive information in unencrypted e-mail. For added security, your credit card information is not stored on a NEMA database, and only authorized employees have access to your credit card number for card-processing purposes.
SSL is highly regarded to be a very safe encryption method, but we fully understand if you are not comfortable entering your credit card information online. In that event, please telephone NEMA headquarters to speak directly to a NEMA staff member.
If you have trouble purchasing securely at our website, then you may be behind a firewall or using a proxy server that doesn't allow for secure transactions. If that is the case, then you may phone or fax your order.
- We may collect and store the following information:
- From e-mail messages and completed Web forms: any personally identifying information that you choose to provide (for example, your mailing address)
- From a Live Help or other online help/chat session that contains personal information: any personally identifying information that you choose to provide as well as any comments on policies, issues, or events. Information collected in this manner is used solely for information and, in some cases, to respond to you.
- If unsecured or unencrypted e-mail is sent, do not include such confidential or personal information as Social Security number, date of birth, bank account or credit card information, mother's maiden name, or medical information. Your privacy cannot be protected or ensured by NEMA during e-mail or unsecured Web form transmission.
It is the intent of NEMA not to use the ACH system for transactions in violation of U.S. law, including the sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). It is also the intent of NEMA to be in compliance with the "International ACH Transaction (IAT) rules" that are part of the NACHA Operating Rules. Accordingly, all payments made through this website/online application are intended only for payments not associated with a foreign bank account, which would classify it as an "International ACH Transaction (IAT)" under the NACHA Operating Rules.
Since this website's payment application does not accommodate IAT transactions, payors who would be considered IAT payors should use some other method of remitting funds to NEMA. Alternative forms of payment would include check or credit card.
Any trademarks or copyrights that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with or connected to nemaweb.org. nemaweb.org respects the rights of all copyright holders; therefore, nemaweb.org has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe on the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide nemaweb.org’s copyright agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For copyright inquiries, please contact Karen Cobuluis at firstname.lastname@example.org.